First for the original docs. . . well, in Sept I finally got around to sending in the CIS form to get back the original documents from the super secret brown envelope that we handed over to Immigration when Brayden came home. What a treat it was to finally get that package in the mail this week! We got some new docs that we had never seen, including the original birth ticket. It is an interesting format -- little picture check boxes (reflective of the low literacy rate in Guatemala). We have checks for live baby, boy, healthy, and live mother. The birth ticket also gives us the name of the midwife who delivered Brayden, and it confirms his REAL birthday (there was a little confusion about that on some of the docs)! 08/22/05 it is :) What I was really hoping for and most happy to see in the packet was more pics!! We got another copy of the Polaroid of Brayden with his BirthMom from DNA day, and we also got a small portrait-style pic of Brayden and one of his BM!! These are such treasures to have :) Here is a scan of the new, never seen before Bray Boy pic, which was probably taken when he was about 1 month old --

Now for "The Model" update. In case you don't remember (but I'm sure you do b/c I reference it all the time), Brayden's portrait is on display at the pediatrician's office. They tell us that he is quite the popular guy and that people comment about him all the time. Well, the photographer was invited to participate in an art display with a theme about children, and she has chosen to include Brayden's portrait (and 9 others). He will be on display from now until the end of the year at Christ Church Cathedral in downtown Lexington.
Now, for the real update that most of you scanned down to read first (or maybe this is the only part you'll read?). . . We met with the surgeon at Cincinnati Children's this morning, and we went ahead and scheduled the surgery. December 6, 9am. That gives us 2.5 weeks to stress out about it! Please pray that Brayden stays healthy for the next 2.5 weeks. OK, parents of heart kids now is the appropriate time to start bombarding me with all of your advice and wisdom!!!!

9 comments:
YOu and Bray are in our thoughts and our prayers!
Julia
How wonderful that you got all those documents. Nice to have them, I Imagine!
And Bray the model--well, what can I say, the reason is obvious--he's just so darn cute!!
Great that you finally have a surgery date, but also quite stressful and nerve-racking for you:(. I will definitely keep you all in my daily thoughts and prayers. Just keep in mind the end result from this. He's a tough little cookie and will do great.
Well of COURSE he's a model- he's such a cutie!
I will definitely keep Brayden in my thoughts and prayers!
You and Brayden are in my prayers. He will do great with his surgery. He appears very healthy. I am nurse and wroked with kids for awhile, most of them do great!!!
I'm sure those documents with pictures of newborn Brayden and his birthdate were such treasures to receive! The next couple weeks are going to be very anxious ones but I know just from our blog friends and our yahoo board there will be lots of people praying and thinking of Brayden and his Mommy and Daddy. Something that really helped me was making a list of the needs I thought we would have and packing them - kept my mind busy. Also something that helped in the hospital was a c.d. player and some calm (for us spiritual) music - this played constantly in Evan's room during recovery and seemed to really help him and us relax.
Now I'm deinitely going to get my 864 ou, next week, so that I can get my package back.
I'll be thinking of you guys. I'm sure your little model will come through with flying colors.
You all are in my thoughts and prayers!!!
My daughter, Jaimee, had her Tet repair 11 years ago this past summer. She is now a happy, healthy, 13 year old! And just think how much more experience and knowledge the last 11 years have brought to the profession! She and I will keep Brayden in our prayers.
Judy
I am keeping you all in our prayers daily. That Brayden stays healthy before surgery - and that you all THREE (and a half) have a calm and peace knowing that we are all praying for you... and for Brayden's recovery!
Isn't it a blessing to get that file back. It was for me - to have a "nice" photo that I can someday share with the girls... to see how beautiful their irthmother is.
He is such a doll.... and you are so blessed.
Post a Comment