Sunday, November 09, 2008

My Visit with the Boys

I am so far behind on this blog that it is absolutely ridiculous! I have good intentions, but intentions don't seem to create actual posts . . . maybe I will catch up someday. At least I am posting something today :)

I went to visit Gerson & Elviz this past week. We had a great time, and I was so happy to get to see them. It was incredibly hard and heartbreaking to leave (again), but it is so worth it. I love these guys so much!
They loved their toothbrushes from GG --I mean LOVED them!
Such handsome little guys :)

With beautiful smiles :)

We took pictures using the timer on the camera . . .

Having fun in a bubble bath --


Playing at the pool -- Awww -- they are just so sweet . . .

Handsome GersonLittle Elvisito

Elviz was so funny. He told me that I should call him "Elvisito", and that he would call me "Mamasita". I was happy to oblige, but when I did slip up and call him Elviz (or Elvi is what I call him a lot), he would quickly correct me :) He also tried to tell me that I should call Gerson "Gersito", but Gerson wasn't going for it. He is happy with his name just the way it is :)

About our adoption -- Well, we just aren't sure if we will ever get to bring our sweet boys home. Of course, we are still hoping and praying that they will be our sons, and we are fortunate to have an attorney who is not giving up! It has now been over a year since our file was submitted to PGN for approval, but that approval is just not coming. So, our case is going to take a little detour. We are going to try to get a court ruling to remove the prior legal issues that have held us up. If we can get that ruling from the judge, then we will go back to PGN and hopefully they will finally approve our adoption. *Many* things will have to go our way in order for all of this to happen, so we will just wait and see. I am waiting and praying and hoping . . . yes, that reckless kind of hope that I have talked about before!

15 comments:

Beya said...

So glad you posted pictures of your darling little guys! I am glad you have not given up hope on bringing them home, my mother always said "Prayer changes things"
We will always keep them in our prayers until they come home!!!!!!!

Sarah said...

Oh Krystal... those beautiful baby boys of yours are always in my prayers! I am so happy that you were able to visit with them but heartbroken that you had to fly home without them again.

Many many hugs and loads of prayers that you are returning to Guatemala soon to bring those boys home for forever!

Kim said...

LOVE the pics of your precious boys. I can't imagine the pain you must feel having to leave them. I will continue to pray for your case, that the judge is able to lift the legal crap and that PGN sees that these boys need to be home with your family.

Robyn said...

What beautiful pics!! Looks like you had a wonderful visit!! I am continuing the prayers for your case!!

Jenny and Matt said...

Krystal,
It's so nice to hear from you!
Those little men are so handsome.
I will keep praying for your beautiful family

Sarah said...

I knew you were there. My Mom doesn't have Internet and I had spoken to her before about your family and she wanted to see pictures. I logged in yesterday and Evan's post was still at the top. I told her that I had a feeling you all were there visiting. I was somewhat right... Your boys are beautiful. That picture of them sleeping, so cute. I'm praying for this case and for your guys.

Lori and Robby said...

I saw on FB that we have the same attorney. Isn't she wonderful?! I will definitely keep your family in my prayers.

Dawn said...

SO glad you were able to love on your boys again! They are just precious. :)
dawn

Vanessa said...

Praying for resolve to these precious boys' case!!! They look so sweet and I can tell how much you love them!! May God bring them home soon!

Jennifer said...

Awww! Love that little Elviz! He is a hoot!!! And Gerson just makes my heart stop - I can't wait for him to come here and sweep ANY ONE of my daughters off their feet. :)
We are praying for you all each and every day. We love your boys so much - and we want them home soon!

Andrea said...

Gorgeous! I just love how bright and happy they are. It breaks my heart that you have to keep leaving them. Nothing wrong with reckless hope! I will keep praying that even though things look dark, that the light of Jesus will shine down and them and let them come HOME, where they belong.

Anonymous said...

It WILL happen Krystal! I'm praying always for you and the boys. They are as handsome as ever!

Anonymous said...

Krystal, coming out of lurkdom. i've been following your story for a very long time, and pray you bring home your two precious boys. they are so handsome. Ellen, brought my daughter home from guat in Jan 2008

Linda Ashcraft said...

Krystal, I'm so glad you got to go see the boys. They are as cute as ever, and I miss them! Just seeing the hotel in your pictures brought back memories of our pickup trip - we stayed there, too. We're continuing to pray for their case every day.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing your photos and highlights. They have the most beautiful smiles!

You and I may be the last two adoptive moms waiting for our beautiful Guatemala boys to come home, but we'll fight and wait til the bighter end!

Sending lots of hugs your way.