Saturday, August 15, 2009

Last week, I visited with my precious boys. We played, we laughed, we ran, we hugged, we snuggled, we joked. And on the night before I left, we all cried. On Sunday morning, we put on 3 brave faces and returned to the hogar for another goodbye. I could say that none of us cried that morning, but the truth is that I wavered just a bit when I gave them a final hug and told them that I will love them forever.

When I walked out of the green door and back towards my life without them, the only thought that eased the ache in my heart was knowing that they were safe. They were happy and healthy and loved in this place that they have lived the past 2.5 years, and I knew that they would be fine while I was gone.

Two days ago, that comfort was shattered. My children and the others who lived with them were taken away from their happy little home. Officials and policemen with guns packed them up and drove them away.


They were taken away from their home,


taken away from their favorite nannies,


and then separated from their friends who they refer to as brothers and sisters.


And
we
still
do
not
know
where
they
are.


I could try to tell you how devastated I feel or how worried I am. But none of that matters.

What matters is that these children -- these precious, innocent children who have already lived through so much -- have been uprooted and have had their whole worlds turned upside down.

Please pray for Gerson and Elviz and for the 14 other children involved. Please pray that they are kept safe and protected. Pray that their little hearts are comforted as they face uncertainty, unfamiliar surroundings, and unknown faces. Please pray that they are returned to their home right away.

19 comments:

Jennifer said...

Krystal -

We are praying!! We love those boys and want to hear some news very soon!!

Love,
Jen and the kids

brenna said...

oh.my.word. I can't imagine how you or they are feeling right now!! I will be praying praying praying for them and you.

I don't know if I have commented before but I felt I needed to here. We are getting ready to go through an adoption of a family of 4 from Guatemala and I don't even remember how I found your blog but I am drawn to you and your family as you anxiously await the homecoming of your boys!! :-)

Wendy said...

I just watched the video and immediately recognized both of them looking out the windows of the PGN bus. I have some contacts that helped me find PBJ. Maybe, just maybe they took the boys to the same place. Let me get to work. Huge hugs (and many tears for you)

Shelby said...

Oh Krystal my heart breaks for them and for your family. Such an unnecessary situation. I also watched that video and certainly did not see any children that needed to be removed for their stupid reasons. I pray that they are back there soon and you can get some positive decisions from the court hearings. Hugs

Vanessa said...

Praying for them, the other children and all families involved. My heart aches to see all that's going on!!

Linda Ashcraft said...

Krystal,

I'm so sorry (and angry) to hear about this. We're praying for those boys and their safety. Keep us posted.

Love,
Linda

Sarah said...

Oh Krystal... have been praying every single second since I heard. I hope that you are able to find some answers very soon!

Sarah said...

I have been praying for your precious boys. I hope for news soon.

Dawn said...

I was devastated when I heard this. I can't even imagine how heartbroken you must be. I pray that the boys are somewhere safe and that they are even now adjusting. What a horrible thing. Horrible.

Suzanne said...

Praying...
Suzanne

JuJu - said...

always.....

Jenny and Matt said...

Oh Krystal.... praying harder than ever for you all,
Jenny

Anonymous said...

Having been praying for you and thos eprecious boys ever since I heard about this travesty!!! I am so sorry and am praying praying praying...

Anonymous said...

Krystal, I have been sick over this news. It's all I can think about. Gerson, Elviz and all the children are in my thoughts and prayers all through out the day.

Cathie said...

Praying for your boys and all the children
Cathie

Stacy said...

I just watched the video and I'm crying my eyes out for you. I'm so sorry you had to see their expressions on the bus (even though they seemed to be loving the bus, we all know how scared they must have been). My heart is just breaking for what you're going through right now. Know you always remain in my thoughts, all of your family.
Sending hugs,
Stacy

Linda said...

Hey Krystal-
I was on Guatadopt and saw the video and thought that I saw your boys. There are no words... we will pray for them and your family to be strong on this unbelievable journey. God bless... Linda, Tony, Joshua and Rosalia
(been a long time)

Kelli said...

Oh Krystal, I just read this and I am brought to tears. I can't imagine what you are going through. It is hard at times to fathom what goes on around the world while we are safe here in America. I am thinking of you all and praying for you all. If you need anything please just give me a ring. We love you!!!

Candy said...

I have been thinking about you and the boys night and day...Hugs