Thursday, October 26, 2006

Big Brother & Little Sister

That's right, it's a girl! I had the u/s today, and found out that Brayden will have a baby sister. As we waited to see the dr after the u/s, it hit me -- we are doomed!!! When this girl is a boy-crazy 14-year old, Brayden Mynor's 16-year-old friends will be hanging out around the house!!! Uh-no :o

Hey, Bray -- what do you think about Little Sister???
Anyway, we have NO ideas for names, so if anyone has any great suggestions, feel free to share them!!!

Now, for the update on Bray. . . well, on Monday I found out that the cardiologist's office STILL had not sent out his info to the surgeons. Yeah, we were waiting for 3 weeks for nothing! ARRGHHH! They were supposed to get it sent out on Monday --- funny how they found the time to get it done after I called them. Maybe we'll get to talk to the surgeons some day. . .

Brayden has been working HARD on getting some more teeth. Right now, he looks like a jack-o-lantern. Just in time for Halloween, he has one front tooth on top and one fang. The fang actually showed up first, and it looks pretty darn funny! He should have several others soon, but I've been saying that for months and those teeth just won't leave the boy alone!!!

Bray got a flu shot this week and had his renal u/s. We're waiting for the dr to call us back about the u/s, but DH said that he definitely had 2 kidneys, so that's a good thing. His first dose of Synagis should be at the dr's office by Nov 3, so not long until we find out how much Bray hates that!

Here is Brayden Mynor's new favorite game -- I call it the hamster wheel. He got this ball pit for his birthday, and he didn't seem to like it for about a month. He wouldn't even go in it. Now we can't get the kid out of it!! Those pesky plastic balls are thrown all over the place all the time, and Brayden spends a lot of alone time in the pit. He likes to push it over (while he's inside), and then turn around and push it back over the other way. In this pic, he got his hamster wheel stuck on another toy -- but he kept trying!!

11 comments:

JuJu - said...

Congratuations!!Pink is a gorgeous color! What a perfect fit - a boy and a girl!

Brayden is the cutest!!!

Brings back a familiar memory - like say about 20 years ago!

Had a girl - found out I was having a boy - thought is was done!!
If you would have told me 19 years ago that today I would have 5 kids and thinking about #6 - I would have probably dropped dead of a heart attack -

God does amazing things to our hearts though!

I am so happy for you!! I love the name Sara Grace!

I also love Hannah Elizabeth!

Julia:):)

Anonymous said...

Wow!!! I should have checked the blog before I sent you an email! That's great news! His friends might be at the house, but I am sure Brayden will tell his friends that his little sis if "off limits." Very cute pictures of Bray boy - the hamster wheel is the best (exercise and fun)! Congratulations and don't do too much shopping. :)

Tracy said...

Congratulations on your baby girl.....I'm so happy for you! I agree with Tabitha in that I think by the time they are teens I'm sure Brayden will be quite protective of his little sister!

What a little ham you have! He is quite the little circus performer! Very cute pic.

When I was pregnant for Carson I liked the name Carys for a girl. You pronounce it like Paris, but with a "c" sound. At that time Riley was only 2 so when he would try to pronounce it he would say "carrots". I guess it was a good thing we ended up having a boy ... lol. I If Dominic had been a girl we were going to call her Aimee (the french way to spell Amy--my hubby is french).

Michael said...

Congrats!
I am definitely a minority in the father community. When Patty was pregnant with Sophia and asked me if I wanted a boy or a girl, I told her I wanted a girl. I don't know any other dads that answered this way. But, a boy AND a girl...what could be better.

Jenny and Matt said...

Congrats on pink!
That ball pit looks like a ton of fun. We might just have to look into one of those....

Sarah said...

Congratulations!!! I was going to use Savannah J. Or Grace Anne if Evan would have been a girl. RSV shots, ugh, those were rough for us. I was thankful for the shots keeping him well but monthly shots are just not fun! Something our nurse told us was to give him Tylenol on the way to the appointment so it kicked in before he got the shot and to bring tea bags and when you get there get the wet and squeeze them out and apply them to the shot site right after it is given and it takes the sting out. We did this and although I'm not sure if it helped Evan always wanted them to be put on, maybe he just knew that meant it was over.

Wendy said...

Girls are so wonderful! Little ruffly tights, pretty shoes, cute sundresses, hairbows and hats. I can't wait. We will have to shop on-line together! Brayden just gets cuter every day. He will definitely NOT let his sister date his friends. It's a rule in the big brother handbook. He probably won't let her date at all!
Names are hard. We have had Peri Brynn picked out since before we learned Levi was a boy. Peri means from the mountains, and Brynn is a family name. I think naming a baby is the hardest part!

Suzanne said...

Excellent news! I'm very happy for you!
Suzanne

Anonymous said...

I agree with Tabitha, Brayden is not going to be letting any of his friends go near his little sister.

Congrats!!!

JuJu - said...

OK MOMMA - falling down on the bloggin - we need to see new pics of your boy:)

Julia

JuJu - said...

OK- Is the camera broken - your computer broken or your arm broken???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????


hahahahahahahahahaha!:):)

JUlia