Saturday, May 23, 2009

Parker G - Large and In Charge

Like most 2-year-olds, Parker has a problem with authority. She thinks she is in charge of everything and everybody.
Here is a conversation from this morning -
Me: Parker G, give Momma the camera. You do not play with the camera.
PG: No!
Me: Parker, you need to listen to your Momma.
PG: No! You go play! (slaps at Momma)
Me: Parker, do not hit Momma. We do not hit. When Momma tells you something, you need to listen.
PG: No, go!
Me: Parker G, you need to stop bossing.
PG: No, I wanna boss! You go play!
All I could do was try to hold in my laughter :) Perhaps it would be easier if she wasn't dressed like this -
And here is a conversation that we had while I was typing this -
PG: I want 2 mem-n-mems.
Me: You can have a treat when you use the potty.
PG: I do it next time, okay?
I guess you can't blame a girl for trying :)

4 comments:

Gail said...

I have been wondering why we want to teach our children to talk. See what it gets us? LOL

Emma said...

Yep, that seems pretty accurate! Yesterday she was running around and around when I came into mom's. I was like, hey Parkie where's my hug? She yelled, No hug, I running!

Vicky said...

Aha! She's got her bossy boots on! Lucky for her she's so cute.

I'm sorry to tell you that from my experience with one twelve year old and one nine year old, it doesn't stop!.... (Just gets a LOT less cute!)

My elder boy when he wanted to touch something in a shop at that age would say "Look THAT WAY Mummy!" pointing away from whatever he wanted to mess with!

Tracy said...

Haha, that's cute. Dominic is 4 and still likes to think he's in charge. And, agreeing with Vicky, it doesn't stop as they get older ... just isn't so cute anymore :).