Wednesday, August 30, 2006


Brayden Boy had a cardiology appt today, but AGAIN we have no new info. Yeah, you read that right, no new info!! The PC suggested that we wait until after the TB treatment is over "if we can". No reasoning why. . . but this dr is never really interested in explaining things. Also, she didn't want to see him again for another 6 months. OK, that plan doesn't work for me. I knew it last time, but for some reason I didn't do it -- we'll be going for a third opinion as soon as we can get an appt with another PC. They did take blood for the FISH test today based on the ToF and his speech delay. . . I'm not sure when we'll get the results. Drawing the blood was a disaster, they poked around and made him cry his heart out for a long time before they finally sent us to the main lab. Luckily, the people at the main lab were able to find a vein on the first try.

6 comments:

Sarah said...

Poor baby, I hate when they keep poking and poking. It seems with every poke my blood pressure raises, how 'bout yours? Will be praying for you guys and finding the right PC for your second opinion. I cannot imagine going for six months pre-op for TOF!

Tracy said...

I can feel your frustration through your writing. I'll be praying for you to get the answers you need and to have patience in the process (hard to do, I know!).

And poor little guy, getting poked by the lab techs for his blood! It's hard to sit back and watch them do that, isn't it? And sometimes even assist in holding them down! Not fair for the little ones who have no idea what's going on:(!

You are in my prayers for things to go smoothly in the doc visits.

Corey said...

Oh Bray... Why can't these doctors get it right and fix you so we don't have to worry!!
And stop giving your Mom the evil eye( although it makes a great picture)

Wendy said...

Poor little peanut! It's just not fair to pick on such a little guy. We are praying for all of you.

Anonymous said...

A toy in each hand and a good view of the road... Life with the car seat turned around is sweet! You guys are in my prayers!

Jenny and Matt said...

Poor guy, he looks wiped out! I sure hope you get some answers soon. The waiting is tough.