Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Sweet Saturday Mornings

Sorry, guys -- I've wanted to update, but we're having Internet / wireless network problems at home. . . anybody want to come over and fix it? Anyway, I know you're all wanting an update (I've got lots of e-mails to prove it!!) , so here we go:

I am scheduled for induction on Thursday morning, so we are expecting Park in a couple of days! Brayden is trying to enjoy his last days as an only child, and we are trying to enjoy this time with him.

Before Bray came home, Michael and I did what most expectant parents do -- we daydreamed and planned and plotted how wonderful life was going to be once he got here. Every Saturday morning, we would sit in bed and talk about how Saturday mornings would be a special family time, how we would let the kids jump in our bed and how we would snuggle and tickle and play with them, how we would enjoy this one morning a week that we didn't have somewhere to be. . . When Brayden finally came, he had other plans. He wasn't snuggly or tickly or really even all that playful. He did not want to sit in bed with us on Saturday mornings, he was much more content to play alone with a toy. So we pulled the LeapFrog Learning Table into our bedroom, and Michael and I would lay in the bed and watch him play.

Over the past couple of months, Brayden has really changed. He is quite the love bug these days -- and he now loves to climb into bed with us on Saturday mornings, laugh, tickle, and play. He thinks it's hilarious that Lillith hides under the covers, and he loves to wrestle her out of there :) Every Saturday morning since this started, I've said "Next week, I'll remember to bring the camera upstairs on Friday night so that I can get pics of this." Every week, I've forgotten. . . but finally, this week, I got the camera! This was our last Saturday morning as a family of 3, and it will probably be a while before we can be so carefree again. So, while I rejoice in Parker's arrival and I look forward to our family of 4, I will truly miss our family of 3 -- we are a good little family. . . even if I only got a couple of months worth of sweet Saturday mornings!!!

15 comments:

Crystal said...

I love this post!!! so so so so sweet!!! You are just the greatest momma in the whole world!!!! --okay now Can you believe it is tommorrow --are you ready to be the momma of a beuatiful baby girl?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am !!!!! hee hee!!!! ooooh Krystal-- I am so so so so so so excited for you and that baby girl!!!!!!!!!! yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! hugs to you --I will be praying for you!!!!

Ginger--Maya's mommy said...

Love the pics. Good luck on Thursday.

Tabitha said...

I can relate to this post so much. I was so ready for Adelyn to arrive, but at the same time, I knew I was going to miss having a carefree family of 2. Things have definitely changed, but we're thrilled to be a family of 3.

Tracy said...

Good luck tomorrow, I'll be thinking of you. Hopefully it won't take "days", but rather just "hours". I was induced (with the gel)for all three children and delivered them that same day. If they let you, do lots & lots of walking ... it certainly helped me prgress in my labour. I would like to know how many hours of walking up and down the halls of our hospital I did for my labours.

I'll be praying for you!

JuJu - said...

I am on pins and needles waiting to see pics of my Parker (oops - I mean YOUR Parker:)!!!
I am praying that all goes well, the delivery is a breeze and that you have a superntaural recovery so you can enjoy your time off with BOTH of your babies!!!

PLEASE have your sis or a friend update us and give us SOMETHING! I am here thinking about you and doing some Blog relaxation breathing for you!!:):)

Enjoy this incredible experience!

Julia:):)


Thinkin bout ys!

JUlia:)

Anonymous said...

Such a sweet post - thanks for sharing your Sat. mornings with us! I'll be praying for you and Parker tomorrow! Can't wait to see pic's of that baby girl and Brayden together!!!

Wendy said...

Oh Baby, tomorrow is the day. Good luck and I will be praying that it all goes easily. What an absolutely joyous occasion!

Shelby said...

I love the Saturday morning snuggles. I am hoping and praying for a super smooth delivery and recovery. Can't wait to see the beautiful family of 4....

Jenny and Matt said...

Oh how sweet! I feel like I just had a nice hug, thinking about your Saturday morning with Brayden.
Thursday!!??!! Wow. I'll be thinking of you, pray that all goes sloothly. We can't wait for pics of the new family!!

JuJu - said...

OKOKOKOKOKOKOK

PLEASE have somebody post the good news tom:):)

Girl - here I am ---pacing the floors - boiling water - tearing sheets and breathing deep!!

I am gonna have to hear some news tom!!!!

JUlia:):):)

Parker - we are all waiting to welcome you to the world sweetheart!

Kim said...

I hope everything goes well for you tomorrow! I'm sure it will, and we will all be waiting to hear the wonderful news that Parker is here.

Anonymous said...

Today is the big day - prayers for you and baby Parker.

Mackenzie's Forever Family said...

Snuggle time in the morning is my favorite time too.

I cannot wait to see your two sweet babies in a picture together. What a beautiful one that will be.

Megan

JuJu - said...

HHeelllloooo!!!!!!!!!

How are you?? Parker??

Just thinkin bout ya - so happy for all of you!

Julia:)

Wendy said...

Any Parker updates? Pleeeeze????