Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Finally a Family!

On Feb 10, 2006 Brayden was placed in our arms, and we officially become a forever family :) It was a magical day, and we were so happy to be reunited with our sweet boy. Michael and I both agree that Brayden definitely remembered us. Probably b/c I told him about 100 times before we left in Nov "I promise that I'm coming back for you. Please don't forget me."

We returned home with Brayden on 02/15/06. He was greeted at the airport by a small fan club! Bray was so amazing. He just looked around and took it all in, while we acted like a bunch a crazy people :) I was so happy to share my little boy with my family, and I was so happy to share my family with my little boy.

Two days after we returned home, we took Brayden to see his new pediatric cardiologist. We were very nervous, since we were assuming that we would need to schedule his surgery very soon (based on what we were told by the dr at UNICAR). We were VERY happy to find out that Brayden was doing great! We knew that he was getting stronger b/c he had changed so much -- that fragile little boy had turned into a chunk! The dr said that he could wait a while and grow even stronger before he would have to have surgery. She thought that he would probably need to have it between 12-18 months old. I really feel like this time is a gift from God. He is giving us time to be a family and to get to know each other before we have to go through the surgery.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ok--The tears are falling while I try and teach second graders. I just couldn't resist taking a peek!! I love the sight. You'll have to let me know how to start one. I am so happy for you. He looks great!

Anonymous said...

I love this site and I love this Family. It's such a great one. Best of luck and may God bless you...