Sunday, June 18, 2006

The Sunburn (posted for DH's enjoyment)

So here's the embarassment of the sunburn -- First of all, believe me when I say that I (usually) do not burn or tan in the sun -- no burn, no tan, just pasty white. So when I went out on Saturday to spend a few hours at the pool, I didn't think anything about it. I was all concerned about the nieces and about Brayden being slathered in sunscreen, but not about myself. A couple of hours into the day, my sister and mother told me that I was going to get burnt and that I should put on sunscreen. I just rolled my eyes at them and said, "I don't burn."

Boy, do I burn!!! My shoulders and chest are "lobsterized" (a term that was born in Hawaii when DH sizzled himself after we both feel asleep by the pool, even then I didn't get burnt so what's going on now!!) It is very embarassing and extremely painful. I guess I am a good example for the children about why they need to get sunscreened all summer!!

On a good note, Bray loved the pool! He splished & splashed and kicked his cute little legs :) The water was a little cold, but he didn't mind. I was thrilled to see that he did not change colors AT ALL in the water or when he got out. This kid is amazing!! This is the best pic that we got. Brayden didn't like the bright sunshine, so he was looking down the whole time. . . He didn't spend much time outside due to his general intolerance for heat and sunshine, but he still had fun while he was out there!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bray you are tougher than me, that water is coldl!!

Suzanne said...

Some prescription drugs can cause sensitivity to sun. If you've started anything new, that could be why you suddenly burned.

Suzanne
gagedonovan.blogspot.com

Krystal said...

Yeah, it was definitely a new prescription -- why don't I pay attention to warning labels!!! I should have had on sunscreen anyway :o