Sunday, August 05, 2007

Yard Sale Success :)

First of all, I have a blog confession. I am a sell out -- I've gone to Google Reader, so if you haven't been getting comments from me lately, I am still checking your blogs (and loving them!) I'm just too lazy to sign in to blogger anymore!!! Oh, oh, another blogger issue -- does anybody know why I am no longer getting all of the comments in my e-mail? I didn't use this feature until about a month ago, and then I decided I loved it. Now I'm only getting some of the comments, so it's really getting on my nerves!!! Any ideas?
OK, back to reality. We had our Adoption Fundraiser Yard Sale on Friday night and Saturday morning. I have heard of people making lots of $$$ at yard sales, but I have never done it. . . we're usually happy to make $100 :) BUT with so many donations from people, we had A LOT OF STUFF this time!!!! The 2-day total was right at $1,000!!!! YAY!!!! We have a garage full of stuff left over, so we are planning on having another yard sale next weekend. We have tons of clothes (nice clothes), so does anyone have any suggestions on how to get this stuff to sale??? We need some kind of gimmick :) I thought about having a sale where everything is $0.25, or maybe I just need to work on the organization and presentation of the clothes. . . hmmmmm. Any ideas on this one?

Everyone was at my house on Thursday evening getting ready. Our dear friend, Jennifer, stopped by with her kiddos to pick up a special package (which hopefully you will hear about tomorrow). . . I got out the camera to take some pics BUT I only ended up with one!!!! (I was interrupted multiple times, but we won't even talk about that!).

Here is my one pic, Ali talking to my family about going to school. . . do you think anyone was interested? Hahaha! They loved Ali, Rachel, and McCaleb soooooo much!
Here is the set up Friday night. See, we had a lot of good stuff!!!! On a side note, anybody interested in this lovely home? It *may* be going on the market soon. Here is everything that we crammed back into the garage on Friday -- Here is the Saturday set up. . . there are a couple of cuties on the loose in this pic! See how Tia is "helping" Brayden here?? She is so, so protective of him and she tries to help him walk around all the time. As you can imagine, Brayden is usually less appreciative than he should be for his cousin's help ;)Here is Jordan doing her part to bring Gerson & Elviz home :) This kid is so sweet -- she toughed out some time in the HOT, HOT weather to make a little $ for the cause :) THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU to everyone who gave us items and to everyone who helped us! Special thanks to my sister, Kim (AKA Emma, who you can see working hard in the pics above) and my BIL, Peanut (AKA the delivery man), and my mom (AKA the babysitter)!

6 comments:

Jennifer said...

Krystal -
You did GREAT!!!! Ali looks quite serious in the picture, don't you think??? How very cute!

Tim actually did a great job at our sale... all those clothes were on HANGERS. Two ladders and some sturdy pipe of some sort... and it was much easier. Jana rented racks from Bryant - $4 a day I think. They were all on hangers until the RAIN incident... sorry about that. We had to take them all off to be washed.

I am so excited to meet the BOYS TOMORROW!!!! And little Sara... I just keep thinking - what if she doesn't LIKE us? Will she go back and tell Susana... umm... - I think I'll pass on those weird people... ;)

TTYL!!!!!!!!!!

HollyGee said...

Hey Krystal,

I guess I'm a sell-out, too. Google Reader is just toooooo darn easy and it saves a ton of time. What's not to love???

Great job with the yard sale. Th epic of Jordan with her lemonade stand made me smile. You have a wonderful (growing) family.

Kim said...

What a great yard sale!! I'm so impressed. As someone who occasionally goes to yard sales - I'm more likely to look through clothes if they are hanging up, or organized really well (like clothes/sizes together). Just call me lazy. :)

I use Bloglines (similar to Google reader). I love it - I'm able to keep up with more blogs than if I wasn't using it. I do find that I don't comment as much since I started using it.

Anonymous said...

Krystal,
I'm so glad you had such a successful yard sale. Way to go!!!

My mom found out that it's easier to sell clothes when they are hung up and well organized (which I'm sure you had no problem there-Ms. Organization!!!) Good luck with the next one.

Kelli said...

Awesome Krystal!!!! We actually kept reorganizing things and more we reorganized the more people bought. I sounds crazy but it worked. We had a table for sweaters, kids clothes, men's clothes, women's clothes, nursery stuff, etc. Try to think of it as a store and it will do well. We had a truck load left but took it to a shelter. Much of the stuff hadn't sold in 3 sales so it didn't think there was much hope. I priced as much stuff as I could, but we ended up telling everyone that we would take whatever they thought it was worth. Many were very receptive to adoption and asked me a lot of questions. Awesome!!!!

Farrah said...

Krystal
Just wondering it says you did a night yard sale on Friday? How did that do? I have never heard of this. I'm so ready to have mine. I'm getting so excited.