Just a short post to let you know that we are settling back in. Brayden is doing great. There were moments today when I almost forgot that anything had happened to him in the past week -- like when he scaled around me for the 100th time to play "Where's Brayden", or when he lunged at a Christmas present under the tree, or when I caught him digging stuff out of the trash. . .

There were other times when I could tell that he was tired, aching, and man, is he ever clingy!! We've pretty much relied on him to let us know when he needs some Tylenol or Motrin -- yes, sign language rocks :)
15 comments:
Brayden received some extra prayer at church tonight. Everyone was glad to hear he was home. I hope he keeps doing well. Is there anything we can do??? Just let me know!
I'm so glad to see him home and he looks so handsome in those Pj's.
I agree with Holly G about the pj's...very handsome! Glad to hear you are settling back in at home. It's amazing to see how quick kids can bounce back from .. illnesses, such major surgery .... if it were us I'm sure we'd be complaining about our aches and pains constantly!
It's so good that he can let you know what he needs by signing. I bet that has helped with his recovery as well. Take care and I hope you all have a great day!
what a handsome boy. glad you are home.
It is amazing how fast these little ones can bounce back. That is something I hadn't thought about - sign language helping express needs during recovery - interesting.
Brayden is definitely miraculous. He has bounced back as though he had a little boo-boo, not major open-heart surgery! Even though he has done so well, he is still in my prayers.
WOW- he looks amazing after going thorugh all he has! Kids are just so tough! Glad he is doing so well!
Julia;)
He sure is a cutie patootie. Nothing like some trash to make one feel right as rain. He's amazing- just too cute. Get some rest, and take care of yourself!!
He is looking absolutely adorable. And yes, its amzing how fast they bounce back. Great to see him up and about.
Krystal, I'm just now catching up after our trip. I thought of you several times while we were away.... I'm so glad that everything went well and Brayden is home!!
Krystal,
Just wanted to tell you that I was showing my husband Brayden's after-surgery pics. My hubby works as an RT at the university hospital in the NICU and PICU. He was so impressed by how well Brayden looked, said he really looked great! We're so glad/relieved for you all!
It is so great to see Brayden at home and digging in the trash. I bet you never thought that you would be glad to let him play in the trash.
Krystal,
I just found your blog through Holly G. What a cutie your boy is!
We found out when my son was three months old that he had TOF ( up til then they told us it was just a heart murmur and he would probably outgrow it). He had open heart surgery when he was 4 months old, so I know exactly what you have been through! We were in the hospital for 14 days and he was on the temp pacer until 4 hours before they sent us home because up til then his heart was not throwing the p-waves and they thought they may have to put in a permanent pacmaker. That was so not good for a mom's heart to hear. But, like Brayden it all worked out.
So glad that he is home and in recovery mode. It's amazing how fast they recover.
Hope you all finally get caught up on some real sleep and family time!!
I've been up to my eyeballs in Christmas stuff and had NO IDEA he went in for surgery! I'm so sorry (I feel like SUCH a cad!) It's good to see him back to his old self though!
Hey - I'm just so glad that someone else's child digs through the trash! ha ha.
He looks wonderful! What a blessing...
Post a Comment