Friday, January 19, 2007

Brayden Boy's 1st "Official" Haircut

After Aunt Emma's Heather L comment, we decided it was time for Bray-My to get a haircut. It's the 1st "official" because this is the 1st haircut that I authorized! Brayden did NOT like the experience!!!

The haircut turned out much shorter than I really wanted, but it still looks pretty good. She definitely went up too high in the back, but oh well! Here is a look at the new short-haired Brayden Boy --

In other news, we're back on the roller coaster of medical issues and concerns. Anybody remember the renal ultrasound back in October -- well, yesterday the geneticist's office called to tell us that it showed some abnormalities. (Yeah, it took 3 months for them to get around to calling us.) They sent the results to our ped, who scheduled Brayden for a VCUG test next week. The abnormality is related to the ureters, which connect the kidneys to the bladder. They look too narrow or something. One side is "mild", the other side is "moderate". . . I'm not clear what any of this really means or what we will do if there is a problem, but I'm just hoping that we do this test and there is nothing wrong. The ped said that this test would "determine what, if any, intervention we would need." The test involves a catheter, so it won't be any fun for Brayden. It also involves X-rays, so I won't be able to be in the room to support or comfort him. Thank goodness his Daddy will be there. I know we ask this alot, but please pray for Brayden!

WOW -- just as I was typing this Brayden was hanging out at the ottoman, and he let go and walked across the living room and into his play room. That's right, he walked!!!! He's SOOOO BIG!!!

15 comments:

Mackenzie's Forever Family said...

Good job to the big walking boy!!

Don't ever feel weird about asking for prayer for him...That's part of what this blogging world is good for...Real and honest concern for eachother's families.

We're on it.

Megan

Shelby said...

We're praying next weeks test shows nothing wrong!
What a little man now with his haircut and walking!

Kim said...

He's being added to my prayer list. As an aside - I was born with problems with my ureters. I had to have surgery when I was 2 1/2. If you ever have any questions, please let me know. I don't remember anything about the surgery, but I can tell you what my problem was and how it was fixed.

Jenny and Matt said...

We'll be praying for the boy!

Terri@SteelMagnolia said...

OMG... that's so cute...

My son Matthew has kidney reflux, too..... and JUST had a VCUG test a couple weeks ago (he's 20 months)...the docs did a great job... key is to "LUBE it" up real good, they distracted him/ by blowing hundreds of tiny bubbles bubbles ... it was soo much better than last year....

After a year, one side is healed and one side still refluxes... so that means one more year (we hope) of Septra.... But the VCUG was a lot better b/c docs were so great and kept talking to him so sweet...
and distracting him....

I had been dreading that test for months.... but wasn't as horrible as I thought it was going to be.

JuJu - said...

You have our prayres daily - yuo are our fmaily - I am determined that we are gonna get together after our little girls get big enough to travel and we are gonna have a big Ole play date!!!!!

How are you feeling - our we gonna get any belly shots - ????

JUlia:):)

Andrea said...

OF COURSE we'll pray for Brayden. We're all here for each other! He's such a strong boy, this will be nothing!

I love his new hair cut, but I loved the curls, too. He's just gorgeous. And such a big boy- walking! That's awesome!

Tracy said...

I think Brayden could sport any type of hair cut and pull it off, looking handsome as always. Yay for the walking.

I promise to keep Brayden (and you) in my daily prayers.

Ginger--Maya's mommy said...

I will be praying for him.

Sarah said...

We will be praying for Brayden! It's so hard to cut all those beautiful curls off - makes little boys look so grown up! Way to go Brayden - walking so big! Want to make a day trip to Louisville?? If your up to it we would love for you guys to come up for Evan's b-day party!

Wendy said...

You know that Brayden is always in our prayers. I can't believe his baby curls are gone and he is a big walking boy! He is really taking this big brother job to heart and getting all prepared.

Sarah said...

Check your email - I sent you some info about Evan's party - I'm so excited!

Terri@SteelMagnolia said...

Krystal..
Good luck tomorrow ... it'll go fine..

I'm curious... our boys are about the same age... Matthew (22.5 lbs) is on 5cc's of Septra... what did they put Brayen on?
I'm surprised they are just now putting him on antibiotics?

Terri@SteelMagnolia said...

Oh sorry...
I meant to say...
my e~mail address is in my profile if you'd like to drop me a line re: the whole kidney reflux deal.

Crystal said...

I will be praying of you and your family!!! Your sweet Brayden is just as handsome as he can get!!!! so so cute!!!!!

hey thank you for your sweet comments --I am strying to catch up slowly but I am getting there!!!! :o)--I am praying for Brayden!