Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Tagged -- My Confessions of Weirdness

Shelby tagged me to list 6 weird things about myself -- can I really limit it to 6?? I've read several other lists, and I usually have at least one weird thing in common with everyone, so I'm beginning to think that I'm some kind of freak!! Here are some that I haven't read on anyone else's list --

1. I cannot touch metal. If I touch it, I taste it. I'm not sure how I know what metal tastes like, but I just taste it. I can't wear jewelry, shopping carts are a nightmare, and eating with silverware (which actually doesn't bother me as bad as other metal things) makes my teeth hurt.

2. I do not like to get flowers, candy, or jewelry (see metal comments above) as gifts. I also do not like to be surprised. Anybody feel bad for Michael, yet? Valentine's Day is not an easy one around here!!!

3. I do not like for people to touch me. I do not even like my family to hug me, pat me on the back, or put an arm around my shoulder -- just don't touch me. (Kids are excluded from this one. I'm cool with them climbing all over me!)

4. My favorite smell is new plastic. Ahhh, the smell of a new inflatable toy is the best thing ever!

5. I like all of my clocks set at different times. The clock in our room is 30 minutes fast, and the clock in my car is 25 minutes fast. The way I think of it, I want the clock to say 7:00 when I need to leave in order to get somewhere at 7:00. Michael does NOT think this way, so I drive him crazy with this. Also, the car time is not a standard . . . I change it to mean different things.

6. I am a video game addict. I am currently hooked on Jordan's DS Lite, and I actually get mad when she takes it away from me and messes up my game. The DS Lite is an integral part of my childbirth plan.

So now that I've made my confessions, I can rest easy -- once I straighten the tp, leave a light on so that I won't be in the dark, and make sure that the closet door is closed all the way.

8 comments:

Sean Carter said...

This quite interesting...i suppose there are too many weird things in all of us to actually list...well you can also drop by my blog sometime and check out some stuff i've posted there...

Tracy said...

It's nice to read about some strange hang ups people have. It makes me feel like maybe I'm not so weird for having my certain "issues". :)!

Sarah said...

Glad you posted this - no hugs - got it. I'll have to think of six things to post - we all have "weird" things about us!

Terri@SteelMagnolia said...

Hum....

I'm sort of with ya on the clock thing... but I only go about 5 to 10 minutes ahead on my clocks ... I hate to be late anywhere ... like I'm going to turn into a pumpkin if I'm not on time....I HAVE TO BE EARLY OR ON TIME AT THE VERY LEAST...

I don't know why!! ... I'm usually going to a doctor appointment and the wait is always about an hour no matter where I go!

Andrea said...

My hubby can't touch tin foil. It freaks him out. He can't take it off candy, or even out of the box. And lord help him if he bites on it- say some was left on a candy wrapper. He'll hit the roof!

I do sort of the same thing with my clocks- but it's usually just 10 minutes all around. One snooze hit and I am good, AND on time! :)

HollyGee said...

Yeah...I'm starting to feel a little better about all of my weirdness now:)

Anonymous said...

weirdo! It is about time you admit your odd habits to the world!

Anonymous said...

Hilarious!
Your clocks are always messing with my mind!