Monday, January 01, 2007

Short Review of 2006

I started this post last night, but I had to go to bed so that I could get up and go to work today :( (Don't ask, I'll only get mad talking about it!!) Anyway, here is a short review of last year's events (this is a good cheat sheet for those of you who just recently started reading):

January -- Big month for us. . . We went into PGN and got out of PGN.

February -- Even bigger month! Forever Family Day was on February 10th, and Brayden came home to the USA on the 15th.

March -- Brayden started sitting up on his own, and he laughed for the first time (7 months).

April -- I started the blog, and Brayden had the "Mystery Swollen Lymph Node"

May -- Michael quit his job and became self-employed so that he could stay home with Brayden.

June -- Brayden learned to clap his hands (10 months).

July -- Brayden started speech therapy and physical therapy. He pulled up for the 1st time and used his 1st sign, milk (11 months). We also found out that I am pregnant ;)

August -- Brayden's 1st birthday!!! He started crawling, and he was diagnosed with latent tuberculosis.

September -- Brayden tested positive for the chromosome 22q11 deletion and was diagnosed with Velo Cardio Facial Syndrome.

October -- Brayden finally got a tooth that did not disappear, and he got his first taste of candy on Halloween. We also found out that Parker was a girl!

November -- Brayden ran off the babysitter, and he took his 1st steps between 2 people (15 months).

December -- We finished the year with a bang!! Brayden had open heart surgery on the 6th, and we celebrated our 1st Christmas as a Forever Family!!!

Pretty good year, don't you think??? We are looking forward to an even better (though not much calmer) 2007!!!

Now here are some pics --

Happy Birthday, Tia!!!! She turned 4 today :)

No, Bray's not calling a time out -- this how he signs for more. . . I'm sure there was some food in sight :)

Now for a confession -- some kids hang out at the stairs, some kids hang out in the dog crates. . . my boy likes to play in the oven drawer. I know it's a bad habit to let him play near an oven, but believe me, there is no risk of the oven being hot in this house!!!!

12 comments:

Tracy said...

Love those pictures, especially the ones by the oven in his adorable jeans!!

Kim said...

You have had quite the year! Cute pictures. Looks like 2007 will be just as exciting for your family.

Jenny and Matt said...

Look at those cute little cargo pants!
What a sweet boy!
What an eventful year!

JuJu - said...

WOW - when you look back it sorta blows you mind! I hope you will continue to blog and keep us all up to date! That Brayden has an amazing story to tell already - but isn't that what we are to do -
tell our story and hope it helps somebody else?
Thanks for telling yours - it has helped me:)

So excited to meet Miss Parker this year!!

Woo-Hoo
bring on the pink Baby:):)
Julia:)

JuJu - said...

Krystal ~ I want to send Bray a little something - I can't find your address - please email it to me at McKenzieplumber1@aol.com


ThanksJulia

Andrea said...

It just AMAZES me that a few short weeks ago, he was in PICU. What a cutie. I love those jeans. SO cute.

HollyGee said...

Maybe I should start letting Gia play in our oven drawer and then I can use that as an excuse not to cook:)

Suzanne said...

So glad to hear Brayden's heart surgery went well. Glad to hear they have "fixed" the problem - I was really hoping that this wasn't just one in a series of surgery's.

Glad you had a good xmas, and love those little jeans with all the pockets :)

Sarah said...

What a year!

SUGGS FAMILY said...

What a year! Hopefully this year will be filled with wonderful moments and not so many in the hospital. Well except for the birth of Parker, please do that at the hospital :)

Happy New Year!

JuJu - said...

Hey _ I am mailing out a little gift for Brayden and Parker:)You should get it Monday or tuesday!
Julia:):)

Anonymous said...

This is Arnold. Just wanted to let you know that I still am checking on you all. Tell Deb I said he is cute as every. Glad all is well. Life can be tough at times but is so worth it all when we can share it with the children. Love and prayers to you all. Keep the faith and all of the joy Brayden brings you will make you rich beyond your wildest dreams.