Thursday, May 10, 2007

All That I Have Gained (Volume 2)

It is Mother's Day in Guatemala, so I'll post a warning to the weepy - I am pensive and sappy again tonight. . .

Where do I begin? How can I explain how I feel today? I delight in the joy of being my son's mother, but at the same time I feel immense sorrow that his birth mother does not get the chance to know the boy that her sweet baby has become. The past year has brought so many changes to Mynor, I doubt that anyone who knew him before could ever recognize him. He is bigger and stronger. He is fun-loving, and he has a great sense of humor. He is all boy; he likes to throw rocks, and he is tough. He gives amazing hugs and super sweet kisses. He is happy, and he is smart. He learns new things all of the time, and he is constantly full of surprises. I wish that she could see all of these things.

Dear O.,
I pray that somehow you know that Mynor is safe and healthy and happy and loved. I pray that you have peace when you think of him. Our son is wonderful. Thank you for giving life to our precious son, and thank you for making the choices that you thought were best for him. I promise to love him always.

4 comments:

Sarah said...

You did give a warning, didn't you. What a wonderful gift you are Brayden. Happy Mother's Day!

Anonymous said...

Even though you gave fair warning, I did get teary when I read that! Happy Mother's Day ~ you are such a wonderful, loving mother to Brayden & Parker :).

Ginger--Maya's mommy said...

That is beautiful!! The warning didn't help.

Tabitha said...

I'm so happy that God brought Brayden and his forever family together! Think of all the happy times that you have ahead of you. Happy Mother's Day - I'll be looking for you guys tomorrow!