Friday, October 26, 2007

FFF #8 - Great News for Lucas!

Favorite Foto Friday is a celebration!!! The appeal for Lucas HAS BEEN WON!!!!! The appeals court decided that Lucas will not be moved, and that he is staying with his bud, Gerson :)
Praise God for this miracle!

So, what happens now? Lucas now needs another court date. He needs the judge at that hearing to issue his COA so that he will be considered legally adoptable. Lucas must have his COA and have his adoption process registered before January 1, so that his adoption will be grandfathered in under the existing law *when* the grandfather amendment is passed (and, yes, I am confident that it will pass!).

Please pray that a new court date is issued soon and that it is for early November. Please pray that the judge at this hearing makes a decision in the best interest of this child.

7 comments:

Sarah said...

What awesome news!! Lucas is just too adorable. I am so happy that he and Gerson get to stay together and will pray that he soon receives his COA!

Sarah and Sophie~Bug

Anonymous said...

Krystal,
Thanks for the prayers for my little man. God is so Good! I wish I could get on a plane, fly to Guatemala and give my little Lucas the biggest hug EVER!!!

Come on Judge...fork over that abandonment decree. Lucas has been waiting a ONE and a HALF years for this! Time's up.

Jane

Kelli said...

That is awesome news!!!! I am so glad that they can stay together.

Tabitha said...

What handsome boys! That really is a great pic!

Candy said...

WOW WOW WOW...as Kya syas..This is such AWESOME NEWS...Hugs

Jennifer said...

Krystal...
OK - here's a photo I hadn't seen! I LOVE this! Those are two adorable little men!

The Hanks Gang is praying our guts out for the COA... Jane is right - TIME IS UP!

LUCAS NEEDS TO COME HOME!

Anonymous said...

Wonderful news! We'll keep praying. :)