

We had Hugo (a most excellent driver/translator/helper -- I can give you his info if you need him) bring McDonald's for lunch, and he also talked to the boys and explained to them what was going on. Gerson just shook his head "yes", he didn't ask any questions, and he would not respond to Hugo's questions. . . but he was not upset or anything like that. We had lunch and played, and then the boys took a nap. 
So why did we have McDonald's for lunch?? Well, the boys went ballistic over the McD's commercial all week b/c of the toys. They would yell "un moto" at the top of their lungs, and point. . . so, we got some McD's hoping for the motos!!! Yes, they got them and loved them!!! Gerson loved to take pics on the camera . . . when I checked the camera yesterday, I found about 6 or 7 pics of un moto, from all angles -- silly boy :)
I woke the boys up and thought that we had about 1.5 hrs left -- but, they showed up an hour early to take us back to the hogar. I think I held my breathe the entire car ride . . . and when we got there, it was a whirlwind. We all got separated. Gerson's friends swarmed him and took him into a corner. Children were running to me, talking to me, and begging for hugs. Sweet Sara took Elviz from my arms and kissed his face all over. Then she carried him to the opposite corner. Michael was trying to take pictures of the other children for our friends. Within a few minutes, we were told that we had to leave.
I rushed back to Gerson, and gave him a long hug and kisses. I told him that we loved him, not to worry, and not to be afraid. . . but I choked and could not remember how to say that we would be back. Of all the phrases, it was the one I needed the most, and I did not know it :( His eyes welled up with tears, but he did not cry. He just shook his head "yes" and looked at me with sad eyes. He did not say a word. Again, I was told, "We really must go now."
I went to say goodbye to Elviz, but I was blocked. Sweet Sara picked him up and reached him to me over the other children that were sitting in the floor looking at his new toys. I hugged him, kissed him, and told him that we loved him. He, also, just looked at me with sad eyes.
And that is how we said goodbye for now. . . To visit your child and to leave them is a heartache that is not quite like anything else. I had felt it before with Brayden, but somehow I forgot. Before you meet them, you can love them with a guarded heart, almost in a disconnected way. But once you have held them, all of your defenses are gone and there is no more disconnect. There is no more protection for your heart, and it is no longer fantasy. Your love materializes into something real and something true. . . now, you love them all the way. . . and you have to leave. It is more painful than I could ever describe, but it is so worth it. Temporary pain is traded for forever memories, and I am more than willing to have my heart broken for the chance to hold these children even for a minute. And the hardest part is that I cannot tell them that.

16 comments:
Opps, I didn't take head to the cry warning!!!
Krystal,
Your boys are absolutely gorgeous. The only thing that makes it a little easier the second time around(at least for me it did) was knowing I had a sweet baby to go home to. I know that your TWO sweet children, waiting at home, brightened your faces up rather quickly. I'm really hoping that your boys get out of there VERY quickly.
:)Holly
Krystal...
I don't think that anyone can understand - unless they have visited and then had to leave their child behind. The pain is excruciating... and your heart feels hollow. We just have to have the FAITH that God will see us through this "ordeal" quickly... and that Tuesday we will hear good news about the process! Those boys will be coming home SOON...
Cry warning didn't stop me, Yeah the tears whelped up in my eyes.
I agree with Holly, Knowing those two sweet babies were at home waiting would have made it a little easier for me.
Your boys will come home I just know it.
They know that you and Michael love them and will be back for them. Children have a way of knowing things that go unsaid. Just keep praying and preparing your field for the rain!
Krystal-
I can just feel your pain reading this post. I read it last night, and it just broke my heart. Even with the language barrier, YOUR boys KNOW you love them. They KNOW you're coming back, even if you can't communicate that to them. Your hearts speak the same language, and they'll ALWAYS remember that.
I am praying that these precious sweet boys come home SOON!!
I just found your blog and I have tears running down my face! First of all, your boys are adorable! You can almost sense their wonderful personalities through the pictures. I understand how hard it is to leave, as I have done it now three times myself. Just hold on to the faith that God will see you through this and you will be reunited very soon.
Yep - crying here! I'm so sorry you had to leave them - it is the hardest thing ever. I'm continuing to pray for a good week!!!
That had to be so hard to say goodbye. (but it's just for now)
I'm so glad you all had such a great visit with your boys. They are adorable! Thanks for keeping us all in the loop too!
These boys are just gorgeous! I know I cannot understand what you are going through but my heart does ache from one Mommy to another for the pain of leaving them. Believe me that I have told everyone I know to go and sign that petition!
Crying for you here too, Krystal. My heart is aching for you - I know how that pain will not fade until they are home with you and I am praying that those boys are home S-O-O-N. I spoke with Amanda today and she said you have PA. I am praying you are in and out of PGN lightning speed. :) :) :)(((((HUGS)))))
I don't know why, the thing that made me cry the most is the pic with Elviz and Sara. That is so sweet. She must mother him. Those sweet little babies!
I didn't know you were on a visit. Haven't been able to get to your blog for awhile.
I am amazed at the difference in the boys between the first day photos and the last. It is obvious they are loved.
Gail
Wow Krystal! I can't wait for them to come home to you so your family can be all together! I will keep you all in my prayers!
Krystal,
I so feel for. I remember that empty, sinking, feeling SO vividly. You never forget. It is SO worth it though.
Thinking of you and hoping for a speedy rest of your process.
Thinking of you with love and hugs. You have two wonderful children to go home to (not that it is a replacement or makes it easier, but it is a great distraction)!
Krystal,
I love to read your blog, My husband and I are in the beginning stages of adopting a child from Guatemala. I love the support you have from other adopting families.
Heart to Home has completed our HS and we waiting our fingerprint appointment. I have been on the phone/fax/email for the past few days trying to do my part. I will continue to pray for the children and the families that love them.
Post a Comment