Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Why I love January 23

2 years ago today, Brayden's case got out of PGN. I know that every family feels a huge sense of relief when they get out of PGN, but I cannot explain how much it meant to us. Getting out meant that he was coming home, and coming home meant that he would not be having surgery in Guatemala. UNICAR wanted to schedule surgery before he was 6 months old. We got out of PGN when he was 5 months and 1 day old. I love January 23 :)

4 comments:

Jennifer said...

Krystal...
I'm right there with you. We love January 23rd also... but I want you to know that our prayer all along had been that you all would get out BEFORE US... so that Brayden could come home and get the care he needed here in the US. Getting out the same day as you - was icing on the cake!

We sure do love that boy! He is amazing.

PS - I know he is loving the moon right now... it's so big and full.

JuJu - said...

So thankful your buddy is home and with you - and I know that his big brothes will have a special date soon:)

Krystal said...

Jenn - having McC get out the same day was definitely icing on the cake :) Yes, he is loving the moon and blowing extra kisses! I thought of you guys yesterday morning when I saw it.

Kelli said...

It was definitely awesome when you all got out of PGN. Of course the humaness in me was down a bit b/c our little Kaleb would still be in Guatemala. Luckily though a month later he got out of PGN and March 31st we were home!!!! God Bless our precious children!!!