Saturday, April 14, 2007

Time Warp (No, Not from the RHPS)

Maybe it's because I haven't been out of the house much lately, maybe it's because I have no routine, or maybe it's because I've lost my marbles . . . but I'm in a time warp. I had this realization this week when Brayden had a cardio check-up and Parker turned 4 weeks old. Time is . . . well, it's fluid.

Brayden's cardio check-up went great. Everything looks and sounds good. The pc said that we could stop giving him Lasix. YAY! We are down to 1 med per day, and we are going to have a big party when we finish up our 9 months sentence of INH in May! It is surreal to me that his surgery was only 4 months ago -- it seems like it was forever ago. Brayden is doing so well. He is so active, so healthy. The surgery is like a distant memory, and I can't even remember most of the details. It almost seems like we've always been post-repair. I'm in a time warp.

Oh, I'm not sure about this, Momma!!I didn't do anything sneaky, I promise . . .
Knock, knock -- is anyone home???


Tomorrow, Parker will be one month old. I can't remember having her here for a full month. I can't remember Brayden being a big brother for a month. No, it seems like she just came home yesterday. How can such a month -- not just any month, a special month, the first month of my daughter's life -- seem so non-existent? I'm in a time warp.

Ahh, the better to see you with, my dear!

Oh, I got this head control thing down -- I don't need support!

That's right, Brayden . . . "Bow to your sensei!"

6 comments:

Tabitha said...

I'm not buying that Brayden didn't do anything sneaky - he hasn't yet perfected his poker face. :) Very cute pic. Great pic of Miss Blue Eyes too! How much does she weigh now? She looks like she's grown, and she still has all her hair - too cute! I definitely feel out of touch with the calendar. I've been home with Adelyn for 3 months already. It sure doesn't seem like it. I have to go back to work in about a month - yikes!

Katie said...

awwww... Brayden is such a strong brave boy !! Give him hugs from me !! :)

Anonymous said...

Cute pics. Glad Brayden's check up went well. Looks like he tolerated the ekg as well ... what a good boy! Dominic hates getting that done (doesn't matter to him that it does not hurt at all). Time does seem to go by fast with kids, doesn't it? Seems like the older I get the faster time goes by!

Jenny and Matt said...

Hooray for a good med report!!

Kim said...

I'm so glad that Brayden's checkup went ok. It is amazing how quickly the time flies by!! I wish it would slow down.

Sarah said...

No more lasix - no more 10lb. diapers in the morning - Evan still goes pee more than anyone I know!!! You do loose all sense of time when your routine is thrown out the window- my 3 months of maternity leave revolved around Evan's appointments but other than that I had a really hard time remembering what day of the week it was.