On last year's review I knew that we would looking forward to a less than calm year, but I think that was an understatement!!! Here is a short summary of the highlights of 2007:
January - Brayden got his first haircut and had a VCUG
February - We celebrated our first anniversary of Forever Family Day, Brayden started walking (18 months), and the Hanks *finally* announced their pending adoption of Sweet Sara :)
March - Parker Gabrielle was born! My little Baby Angel was a perfect little bundle of joy (and she still is)! Brayden had a Renal MAG3 scan.
April - Parker passed her hearing test, and Brayden went through a head-banging stage. By the end of the month, we knew that we were adopting again!
May - I returned to work. We did our homestudy update and officially started our adoption. (That is why I cried at BAB Hugs Sweet Hugs day - and you all just thought I was an idiot!) We also celebrated Brayden finishing his 9 month treatment for latent TB!
June - Referrals!!!!!!! What a month of surprises and blessings :) First our little Elviz and then our sweet Gerson stole my heart away.
July - We took a vacation at the beach and saw a shark in the water. We received our I171H on the 30th, and our adoption process could really get started in Guatemala.
August - Brayden turned 2 years old and said his first words :) I decided on the Adoption Rules (still go back and read them frequently - trying to comply!)
September - Parker got her 1st tooth (6 months). DOS issued that horrible warning, and the Guatemala 5000 Initiative started.
October - The life-altering meeting of my 2 sons! We had the best visit trip ever, despite the fact that the Ortega Law was passed.
November - Elviz turned 3 years old!!! Parker G was crawling (7 months), and Michael & I celebrated our 10th Anniversary. Also, we felt the love of blogland through the Mother of All Raffles.
December - We celebrated Brayden's Super Tough Day, and Parker celebrated her very 1st Christmas :)
We have been blessed beyond belief this year -- THREE children joined our family!!!! I won't lie and say that we've had the easiest year ever, but it sure has been wonderful. Life has changed dramatically, and more changes are on the way. 2008, here we come! I cannot wait :)
Happy New Year!!!!
Monday, December 31, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

10 comments:
Happy new Year to you too sister:)
Happy new Year to you too sister:)
Happy New Year - I can't wait to see what your New Year post has for next year!!!
I LOVE LOVE LOVE how precious your kids are. I'm praying 2008 (the earlier the better) sees them all in your home where they belong! :) :)
What a year you've had! I didn't realize that Brayden had the 9 month TB medication -- we are at month 5 of that with Cohen. :)
How come you haven't posted in January yet? Everything okay?
WHere are you???? Just checking to make sure that everything is ok.
Wow ~ what a year. Wonder what's in store for next year!
Becca
Momma to Ella
Just thought I'd check on you... I hope all is well. Let us know if you need anything.
Hi Krystal! Send me an email at ncochrane3@hotmail.com with your login info and I will fix your blog for you! If you don't see the problem...hit refresh. My photobucket is messed up! But it can be fixed, just have to substitute the codes.
Thanks!
Nikki
Post a Comment