This past weekend Jason C was laid to rest. Not only has this been sad news of the loss of a *really* cool guy, but it has also been an incredible reality check for me and every other parent to a post-repair ToFer. I met Jason online about 2 years ago. At that time, he was dealing with surgeries for PVR (pulmonary valve replacement). . . I think he had 3 of them in about a year and a half. No, that's not how it should go - but for some reason they just weren't "right". He had such a positive outlook on life, and such a great sense of humor about his situation. Jason actually postponed a surgery so that he could walk in the Heart Walk to raise money for heart defect research. Maybe when my son needs a PVR, there will have been enough research for them to be much easier, less intrusive, and all just "right". So, in honor of Jason, I ask that you consider making a donation to the American Heart Association Heart Walk through Sophia's team, Team Nova, the Bravehearts (where's you link, Sarah?), or a team at your local walk.

2 comments:
Patty went to the funeral a few days ago and said a few words in Jason's memory. We are really going to miss him. He was an inspiration. He was always so joyful and celebrated every day of his life to the fullest.
Reality check indeed... I enjoyed so much reading his posts and getting the survivors perspective, I will miss his insight. My link.... we are working on getting that together this week - I'll get it to you.
Post a Comment